A Penny Saved is a Penny Earned

A Penny Saved is a Penny Earned -
Benjamin Franklin

Thursday, January 12, 2017

Vehicle Key

Last year I purchased a used vehicle (Hyundai) and was concerned there was only one key provided. The salesman said it would cost $130 to have another key cut (in retrospect I should have made that part of the negotiation). I put it off for several months, but after reading how much more the cost would be if I lost the original key, I stopped by a local Hyundai dealership. Apparently, for the newer vehicles, you don't even need the original key. Show them your title or registration, along with a corresponding I.D. and they will cut a key using your Vehicle Identification Number (VIN). The key was $27.

By the way, after owning a Chrysler for several years with many frustrating experiences at Moritz-Chrysler in Fort Worth, it was refreshing to be treated like a valued customer at Frank Kent's Hyundai.