A Penny Saved is a Penny Earned

A Penny Saved is a Penny Earned -
Benjamin Franklin

Monday, June 5, 2017

Re-Gifting Etiquette

While re-gifting is acceptable to a number of people, make sure you don't hurt anyone's feelings. My friends know that I'm ultra-frugal so when I re-gift something I usually tell them, but there's no need to if you're careful. Also, if possible, it might be wise to return the item to the store for cash or credit, rather than passing it on. I keep a box of both items to re-gift and those that I've found on sale or even yard sale items that I can use as gifts.

  • Only re-gift new items in their original packaging
  • Replace the wrapping with new paper or gift bag (just in case you miss a card or label with your name on it)
  • When you receive an item that you want to re-gift, attach a note of whom you received it from so that you don't pass it back to them. (Of course, make sure you remove the note before re-gifting)