A Penny Saved is a Penny Earned

A Penny Saved is a Penny Earned -
Benjamin Franklin

Wednesday, June 7, 2017

Air Conditioner Clicking but not Coming On

It's been a bad week. The new Roper washer I purchased just a few months ago isn't working very well (the sensors make all the washes cold and it can't tell if the load is small or large thanks to more sensors). The mailman delivered my photo book from Shutterfly but unfortunately can't remember where he left it (it wasn't my house and the tracking shows it was delivered), and the air conditioner decided to stop working. I turned  it off for most of the day and opened windows as we had a storm and it was unseasonably cool, but when I turned it on again it just kept clicking but did not activate.

After looking at You Tube videos I decided to check a few things (family handyman has good tips too).

  1. I checked the fuse box (all was fine)
  2. I replaced the batteries in the thermostat and turned it off and on again
  3. I replaced the filter
  4. I poured bleach in the condenser drain line pipe (you can see the type of pipe on the top right hand side of the video below)
  5. I turned the main switch (next to the inside a/c unit) off and then on again
After a few minutes it kicked on.

And my other problems - Whirlpool is sending out a repair man (in 10 days!) Shutterfly was kind enough to send me a new photo book (by UPS this time) and my house is cool.