A Penny Saved is a Penny Earned

A Penny Saved is a Penny Earned -
Benjamin Franklin

Thursday, September 21, 2017

Eat Vegan on $4 a Day by Ellen Jaffe Jones

I've been reading quite a lot lately about plant based diets being a healthier choice and although I'm not sure I'm ready to give up fish and chicken (I rarely eat red meat) I think it might be a good idea to introduce some plant based meals into my daily diet.

Some people believe that eating fast food is an economical way to save money with cheap burgers and fries, but if you shop wisely, nutritious food will save you money and be more healthful. Ellen Jaffe Jones explains how to do just that in her book with breakdowns on how much a meal costs and delicious recipes (lots of soups and salads). Processed food and fast food is often more expensive than eating fruits and vegetables in season.

Note: I found Eat Vegan on $4 a day at my local library.