A Penny Saved is a Penny Earned

A Penny Saved is a Penny Earned -
Benjamin Franklin

Sunday, October 30, 2016

Ironing Board Cover

I know people don't iron like they used to and most of the time clothes straight from the dryer are unwrinkled. But there are a few things I like to look crisp and wrinkle free and the iron is a must if you like to sew. My cover had seen better days and I did purchase a new one, but then decided it was too expensive and returned it. With the foam liner still intact I took the cover apart, and using it as a template for a new one, I cut the material from the liner of old curtains that were still in good shape (you can use anything, but material that is a little more sturdy works better.)
Another tip I found was to put a strip of aluminum foil underneath the cover. The heat absorbed by the metal removes wrinkles quicker.

Here are some ideas for making your cover:
Easy Ironing Board Cover
Make your own ironing board cover
Simple Ironing Board Cover