- Save boxes months in advance. The boxes that hold reams of paper are ideal for many items. Often these can be found at work or at a local printers.
- Take time, to sort out things that can be discarded.
- Have a yard sale
- Use paper plates between dining room plates. The plates will prevent breakage and can be used when you get to your new home.
- Pack ornaments or breakables in newspaper.
- Label every box and use a color code for each room. Use either a colored pen or better still colored paper taped to the box. For example, use yellow for the kitchen, blue for boy's bedroom and so on.
- Mark items you will need to get to first and put them in separate boxes. Things like coffee pot, bedding, cups. The last things you pack will go in these boxes and marked with a different color.
Monday, March 7, 2016
Moving is never a fun project, but by being organized you can save some of the frustration.