A Penny Saved is a Penny Earned

A Penny Saved is a Penny Earned -
Benjamin Franklin

Wednesday, June 29, 2016

Beauty Salons

Being frugal doesn't mean you have to do without, but about being aware of your spending. I tried some of the lower priced places such as Supercuts and wasn't satisfied with the result but I'd also found that not all high price salons can provide a good haircut either! When I finally found a hairdresser that does an amazing job at cutting my hair, but at a high cost, I chose to make appointments less frequently and therefore not incur additional costs. With a good hair cut it will keep its shape longer.

For hair color, I do that myself. It's taken quite a few tries to find the color I like. At beauty supply stores such as Sally Beauty Supply you can get advice on color and their products are cheaper. If you have a favorite brand, check with Amazon, you may find it cheaper there.

Beauty schools can also be another alternative. They are supervised by an instructor.

For manicures and pedicures try doing it yourself every other month or visit a salon on special occasions only.