I found this pattern online. You can see the instructions here. I have a box full of scrap material and old sheets and used a discarded pillow for the stuffing. A great gift at no cost.
- Cut two pieces of material in a circle approx. 22" in diameter.
- Place right sides together and sew around edge leaving an opening (I found it easier for stuffing to leave two openings opposite each other).
- Turn to right side and mark another circle in the middle, leaving around 4" between the inner and outer circle. Leave an opening for stuffing in the inner circle also.
- Stuff the inner part and sew up the opening.
- Stuff the outer part (I used a dowel to push the stuffing around).
Note: I placed a clean garbage can lid on the material and marked around it with a pencil (22" diameter) and for the inner circle I used a large serving plate.
I also made a smaller one for my granddaughter's toy dog.