A Penny Saved is a Penny Earned

A Penny Saved is a Penny Earned -
Benjamin Franklin

Friday, December 9, 2011

Christmas Presents on a Budget

I usually make Christmas presents for friends and this year decided to experiment with chalk paint. Sherry over at Shanty Girl introduced me to the paint and I've been anxious to use it. I bought several charger plates on sale last year and thought they would be a great idea for a notice board to add your own Christmas saying.

I painted the centers with four coats of black chalk paint (available at most craft stores) hot glued ribbon on the front and wire on the back to hang the charger.

A gift I gave last year (mainly as hostess gifts) is herbal wine vinegar. I save decorative jars and bottles so always have a few handy.

A nice coffee mug with dried ingredients for an individual chocolate brownie along with the recipe would also make a good gift.

If you like to knit corkscrew scarves are fairly quick to make and with a fine yarn come out with a lacy look.

Hop on over to En Route to Life for more ideas.