A Penny Saved is a Penny Earned

A Penny Saved is a Penny Earned -
Benjamin Franklin

Friday, August 5, 2016

Decoupage Furniture

If you have an old piece of furniture that's a bit worse for wear but you like the style, think about using decoupage to cover up any nicks and scratches.

I have a shelf full of encyclopedias I've been reluctant to throw away. When I came across a two drawer dresser that I considered painting, I decided to add decoupage. Because I love Italy, I pulled out pages from the encyclopedias of Italian towns.
I first removed the varnish and sanded the dresser, then painted. Using encyclopedia pages, I adhered them using a white glue. Once dry, I applied six coats of Delta Ceramcoat Satin Varnish. The new handles were a clearance item at Lowes and I purchased those for 59c each.






Before