A Penny Saved is a Penny Earned

A Penny Saved is a Penny Earned -
Benjamin Franklin

Sunday, February 7, 2016

When to Throw Things Away

I am not the type of hoarder that has to clear a path to get into the front door, but I do hate to throw things away. I reason that I might find a need for them later on. After watching a program about de-cluttering, I decided it was time to let go of a few things and as I cleaned out cupboards I discarded pieces of plastic that I had no idea what they were for, broken pieces of wood and anything else that I didn't have an immediate use for. I found a wheel which I thought had come from an old microwave cart long ago discarded and tossed that too. Pleased with my efforts I wandered around each room which was a little less cluttered (at least on the surface of furniture) and it was then that I realized my son only had three wheels on his metal bed frame!
So, lesson learned, I keep a small  container in the garage for discarded items, put others in boxes for a future yard sale which gives me time to dig them out if needed.