A Penny Saved is a Penny Earned

A Penny Saved is a Penny Earned -
Benjamin Franklin

Saturday, January 30, 2016

Trash Day Treasures

At The Rusty Chandelier/dealer SCS | Chandeliers | PinterestI had never thought of picking up trash for re-purposing, but lately I've found some treasures. I walk in the neighborhood most evenings so the day before trash day I sometimes find items that I can reuse. An old rusty chandelier find I sold at a yard sale sans prisms as I plan to turn those into angel Christmas ornaments for gifts. I found a box of Disney movie videos my grandchildren love to watch (I still have an old video player) and one of the videos was about local Fort Worth history so that was an added bonus. We also came across clothes racks which we will use for our next yard sale to hang clothes on (we had to walk back to the car to pick up those). And in addition to finding treasures we're saving the mound of trash in the landfill - win win.

Note: Often people discard items not sold at yard sales so stop by the following day and see if there is anything left at the curb you might be able to use.