A Penny Saved is a Penny Earned

A Penny Saved is a Penny Earned -
Benjamin Franklin

Wednesday, January 27, 2016

Recycle Plastic Shopping Bags

I seem to collect too many plastic bags from the grocery store and although I use them to line waste baskets. I still have many more that I've been looking for a use for.

After doing an internet search, I found lots of free patterns for crochet rugs and bags, but I used a pattern that I had when I made rugs out of old sheets and table cloths (tear or cut strips into one inch widths to make a material rug)

Apparently, the bags that are cut for crochet use are called plarn (plastic yarn).




Fold the bag lengthways several times
Cut the handles and bottom off
Cut into 1 1/2" strips across the bag
Loop each piece together.



For pictured instructions hop on over to bagsbegone.com/learn

More ideas here

The finished rug is surprisingly soft