- Don't leave the water running while brushing your teeth
- Only run the washing machine when it's a full load
- Use low flow showerhead for ten minutes when taking a shower
- Wash all dishes and do one rinse (not sure what this means)
- Fix leaks such as drippy faucets, running toilets
I have a few of my own.
- I keep empty milk jugs (clean ones) by the sink and use them to catch the cold water while waiting for the hot to run through. I use the water to water plants and fill the dog bowls.
- Keep a small bucket in the shower and use the water to water plants or to flush the toilet.
- I no longer use the second rinse in the washing machine. The spin takes out most of the water and one rinse seems sufficient.
Simply Frugal has an article on saving too - you can read it here