A Penny Saved is a Penny Earned

A Penny Saved is a Penny Earned -
Benjamin Franklin

Friday, October 7, 2011

Coupons and Store Special Offers

I never seem to find coupons for items that I use regularly, but this week I downloaded some and together with the Albertsons flyer made some selections.

Frugal Living and Dealicious Finds have great, up to date, suggestions for items on sale.

Sites to download coupons:
Coupon Suzy
Coupons
Coupon Network
Albertsons Coupons

Note: Most places where coupons can be downloaded ask you for an e-mail address. Set up a new e-mail account specifically for coupons so that your main inbox isn't inundated with advertising e-mails.

If couponing isn't your thing look at Drugstore.Com. Free shipping on orders over $25.

Albertsons Buys:
I don't drink milk very often and buy Silk Pure Almond because I like the taste and the sell buy date is usually considerably longer than regular milk. Silk Pure Almond is currently $3.18 at WalMart. It was $2.99 at Albertsons and I had a 75c coupon which I printed from here for a savings of 94c.

A 5lb bag of Albertsons flour was 99c.

Beech Nut baby food was 2 for $1. I didn't look for a coupon because I usually buy Gerber which was more expensive (I did get a Gerber coupon with my receipt so will use that next time). This is the only deviation I made from my shopping list.

Campbell's tomato soup was 2 for $1 and I had a 40c coupon (on three). I bought 6 cans and the coupons were doubled so total price for 6 cans of soup was $1.40.

Washington apples were 99c a pound.

Laughing Cow cheese wedges were buy 1 for $4.99 get 2 free.

Total savings was $20 (50% savings on the total price)