A Penny Saved is a Penny Earned

A Penny Saved is a Penny Earned -
Benjamin Franklin

Wednesday, August 31, 2011

New Uses for Old Clothes

I've been looking for some tank tops and haven't found anything I like. They're either too short, too low cut or not in a color I like. I do have a drawer full of t-shirts, but I'm not overly fond of these so I decided to experiment and repurpose them.


I used a tank top as a pattern, I cut the t-shirt neck and sleeves (cut the shape of the back and then cut it a little lower for the front). There's no need to hem it as the edges will curl slightly after you cut them. If you want to embellish, you can cut the cuffs from the sleeves and make a tie for each of the straps (see picture). The rest of the sleeve, use as a duster, or if you have a Swiffer, it's the ideal size for using on that.