A Penny Saved is a Penny Earned

A Penny Saved is a Penny Earned -
Benjamin Franklin

Friday, November 25, 2016

Online Deals

The day after Thanksgiving is the busiest shopping day of the year. But you don't have to brave the Black Friday crowds to get a good deal. Look online for special offers and take into account whether the shipping is free.

My motto is "when in doubt set up a spreadsheet". I was looking for perfume and as it's not something I purchase often I was confused with all the sizes. On the Excel sheet I noted the sizes distinguished between perfume and eau de toilette and listed sites that offered the perfume. I finally decided on Target.com as they had free shipping without a limit on spending (I chose the smallest size) and there was also a $10 discount. It worked out to be 1/3rd of the cost as advertised on other sites.